- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Convicted Child Molester Goes To State Prison
A Montgomery Township man has been given 5 to 15 years in state prison for molesting a 10-year-old girl. 75-year-old Joseph Michaud of Stump Road was found guilty of indecent assault, corruption of a minor and other offenses for inappropriately touching the girl between June of 2007 and august of 2008, when she visited his home. Prosecutors say he took advantage of her after she went there to help him. At his sentencing Tuesday, Assistant District Attorney Samantha Cauffman said he made the victim lose some of her innocence, and she will never trust people in the same way again. After his release from prison he will have to report his address to Pennsylvania State Police for the rest of his life under Megan’s Law.