- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Teen Murder Victim Remembered At Norristown PAL Center
Music and a basketball game entertained about 450 people Sunday at the Norristown Police Athletic League Center, where they gathered to remember 16-year-old Dominique Devlin. She was shot several times early Wednesday morning, July 20, near Green and East Basin Streets. She was pronounced dead a short time later at Montgomery Hospital. A witness saw her with a man, probably aged in his 20’s, shortly before the shooting, and she was struggling to fight him off. The victim was a Norristown resident who attended the Devereaux School for Children with Developmental Disabilities in Downingtown. Norristown Police and Montgomery County Detectives are investigating. Her father says they know who did it, but the street mentality against snitching may be hampering the investigation. Doris Starks of the local town watch says Norristown is not a bad place to live, but there are a few bad people, and the good people need to speak up. Donations to the Dominique Devlin Fund can be made at any Wells Fargo Bank branch. Proceeds will help her family pay for funeral costs.