- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Not Guilty Plea In Kidnapping And Beating Incident
A Royersford man accused of kidnapping and beating his former girlfriend and threatening to kill her has pleaded not guilty. 27-year-old Daman Smoot is charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, terroristic threats and other offenses. The alleged incident happened June 23 in an area near Hauseman, King and Camp Green Lane Roads in Salford Township. She was apparently driving home after breaking off their relationship when Smoot pulled his vehicle in front of hers, blocking her path. Then he allegedly pulled her driver’s side door open and threatened to kill her while hitting and pushing her repeatedly. After that he pushed her to the passenger seat, jumped in and drove to an abandoned property on King Road, where people using a nearby recreational trail heard her screaming for help and called Pennsylvania State Police. Troopers say Smoot eventually released the woman, warning her he would kill her if she told police.