- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Arbitrators Award Norristown Police Contract
An arbitration panel has given Norristown Police pay raises of 1 percent this year, 1 1/2 percent next year and 2 percent in 2013. The contract also requires officers to pay 3 percent of their health insurance premiums in a new Aetna HMO plan, and increase their contributions to the pension fund. The finance director says that will more than offset the pay raises. Municipal Administrator David Forrest says it’s a reasonable award overall that recognizes Norristown’s economic situation. Officers at the top of the pay scale earn about $71,000 a year.