- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
One Victim Identified In Car-House Crash
The Montgomery County Coroner’s office has identified one of two people killed early Tuesday when a car crashed into a minivan and a home on Byberry Road in Upper Moreland Township, causing a fire that destroyed the car, the Honda Odyssey minivan and the house. The passenger was 27-year-old Wayne Foulke. Where he lived is not clear. The identity of the woman who was driving has not yet been confirmed, but authorities believe she was 26-year-old Laura Stevens of Philadelphia. An autopsy found that both victims died of smoke inhalation, burns and multiple injuries from the crash. The impact ruptured the car’s gas tank, causing it to burst into flames and accelerating the fire. The home’s residents, James and Jill Cummins, their three small sons and the family dog, escaped uninjured through the back door.