- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Child Molester Gets Prison Time
A Bucks County man has been given prison time for molesting two small girls at a day care center his wife operated out of their home. 57-year-old Paul Braun of Ridge Avenue in Sellersville will spend at least two years in state prison. When he is released he must register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law. Police started investigating in 1998 when a three-year-old told how Braun molested her, but he was not charged at the time. The case was re-opened about two years ago when a second girl came forward at the age of 15 and told a similar story. She told Perkasie Police about Braun molesting her when she attended his wife Carmella’s day care in 1996. He was charged with indecent assault and other offenses in crimes against both girls, and he pleaded guilty in a plea-bargaining deal that resulted in the most serious charge being dropped. Braun’s wife was not charged with any criminal offenses, and she closed her day care center after the 1998 incident.