- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Kids In Car Mom Barred From Casinos
A woman who admitted leaving her two children in her car while she played slot machines at the Parx Casino in Bensalem has been barred from all casinos. 35-year-old Sharon Balek of Philadelphia must also serve two years on probation. She pleaded guilty child endangerment Monday and told a Bucks County judge she is getting treatment for gambling addiction as well as mental health and substance abuse problems. She left her two daughters, ages 16 and eight, in her car for six hours last August. Bensalem Police were called after the girls asked a casino patron in the parking lot to let them use his cell phone so they could call a family member. Once they found her she said she lost track of the time after she started playing.