- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Inmate Faces Murder Charge In Graterford Death
A Graterford State Prison inmate from Bucks County is accused of beating another inmate to death. 33-year-old John Kasianczuk of Levittown is charged with first degree murder in the death of 49-year-old Roberto Avalle of Philadelphia. Court documents say the two men were in an outdoors exercise pen when Kasianczuk started bullying Avalle. The victim was walking away when Kasianczuk punched him on the side of the head, knocking him down, and then stomped on his head until he lost consciousness. Avalle died of complications from blunt force trauma to the head. The alleged attack occurred last August, but officials say he died in October at a prison infirmary in Somerset County. The motive is not clear, but Avalle had been there for only a few days, while Kasianczuk had been there for about two years, and he was about to be released when state police arrested him on Saturday. He is now being held without bail at Montgomery County Prison.