- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Souderton Chief: Happy To Be Here
Souderton’s new Police Chief, James Leary, says he spent 30 years with the Abington Police Department, followed by five years as chief in Rockledge. And while they are good places to live, he says there is a definite difference in the amount of crime and traffic.
“Abington borders Philadelphia, Rockledge borders Philadelphia, and with traffic in those two communities there is a portion of every day that it is gridlocked, and you just don’t see gridlocked traffic up here, so that’s one. And the second thing I see is that Rockledge, Cheltenham, Abington, all are influenced greatly by the crimes coming out of Philadelphia, and in Souderton our 20-mile turnpike kind of distances us from that.”
Chief Leary says he has moved to Souderton now, and he likes it very much, but having both his home and his career there is like a dream come true for his wife, and he is a very happy husband. He appeared Monday on the WNPV talk program Indian Valley Live.