- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Police Chase Teen SUV Thief
A teenage boy is accused of stealing a sport-utility vehicle in Lansdale and leading police on a high-speed chase. Towamencin Township Police spotted him late Friday night, February 4, standing outside the SUV near Snyder and Valley Forge Roads. After they checked the registration and found that it was stolen, the driver pulled away and led police on a chase down Sumneytown Pike at speeds in excess of 80 miles per hour. He got out and fled on foot after becoming stuck in a snow pile at Sumneytown Pike and Dickerson Road in Upper Gwynedd. Lansdale Police found him a short time later trying to hide behind a building. The driver, a 16-year-old North Wales resident, is charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, recklessly endangering another person and related offenses.