- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Man Arrested In Online Pedophile Sting
A Montgomery County man is accused of using an internet chat room to sexually proposition an undercover agent posing as a 14-year-old girl. 33-year-old Ryan Dean of Stowe is charged with unlawful contact with a minor. He was arrested last Friday when he arrived at a pre-arranged meeting spot. A criminal complaint filed by the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Child Predator Unit says he repeatedly proposed that he and the girl meet to have sex, and described in graphic detail the acts he wanted to perform. The complaint says he also suggested starting a relationship with the teen’s mother, explaining that it would give them more time together and a reason to be together. Attorney General Tom Corbett urges parents to warn their children about the importance of internet safety, especially if they are getting gifts of new computers or other electronic devices.