- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Teen Driver Sentenced In Elderly Pedestrian’s Death
A Montgomery County teenager who admitted causing a woman’s death after losing control of his speeding car has been sent to a long-term juvenile detention center in Western Pennsylvania. 17-year-old Colin Murphy struck and killed 81-year-old Zita Egitto in October on Reed Street, just off York Road near Upper Moreland High School. Police say Murphy tried to turn a corner while going more than twice the speed limit of 35 miles per hour and struck the victim on the sidewalk while she was walking to a friend’s house. Investigators say the teen was driving from morning classes at the Eastern Center for Arts and Technology to other classes at Upper Moreland High School when the incident occurred. The victim, who lived in Willow Grove for 51 years, leaves behind five sons and 15 grandchildren.