- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
- North Penn School Board Holds Reorganization Meeting
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Gets Jail Time For Sex Assault On Teen
A Lansdale man has admitted sexually assaulting a teenaged girl. 36-year-old Dennis Liles was given 2 ½ to 5 years in state prison after pleading guilty to statutory sexual assault for encounters in November and December of 2008 that made a 15-year-old girl pregnant. He was already in prison for assault and recklessly endangering another person for an incident involving a 19-year-old woman at his apartment in January of last year, when he was living on East Main Street. While investigating that case police found the 15-year-old girl, who said she was carrying his baby. The girl told police she and Liles had sex at his apartment, and also in a restroom at McDonald’s on East Main Street in Lansdale, where he worked part-time. They had to wait until the child was born before doctors could draw blood for DNA tests. They were conducted after the baby was born in August of last year, and they showed that he is the biological father.