- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Warrant Out For Norristown Murder Suspect
An arrest warrant has been issued for a suspect in a shooting death that happened early Sunday outside a Norristown social club. 39-year-old Garfield Williams of Pine Street in Norristown is charged with murder in the death of Marcus Bates, who was found outside the Elmwood Elks Lodge on Green Street shortly after 2:30 Sunday morning. He was pronounced dead after being rushed to Montgomery Hospital. Witnesses say the incident started when a bouncer broke up an argument between Bates and Williams, who then spoke with his wife, 27-year-old Alexis Williams. She left the club with a small purse and returned a short time later with a larger purse, which contained a semiautomatic handgun that she slipped to her husband. When he became involved in a fight, club staff pushed him and a few others out the door, and Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman says that’s when he shot the victim in the back. Witnesses Saw Alexis Williams standing in the street yelling, “That’s what you get for messing with him.” She is in custody, charged with numerous offenses, and Ferman says her husband fled to Jamaica the day of the murder.