- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
An apparent murder-suicide is under investigation in Hilltown. Police went to the home of an unmarried couple on Washington Court, just outside of Telford, Wednesday night to check on their well-being after family members called to say they could not contact them. Police saw both of their vehicles outside their ground floor apartment and they saw recent newspapers, mail and packages uncollected on the front porch. Based on the circumstances, they forced entry and found 58-year-old Patricia Berberich’s body on a bed in the master bedroom. They found 65-year-old Gerald Mattingly’s body on the bathroom floor. A preliminary investigation indicates the man beat the woman to death with a hammer and then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a shotgun. Police believe they had been dead since Sunday, October 3, and the investigation is continuing.