- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Woman Pleads Guilty To Child Endangerment
A Telford woman has admitted leaving her three small children home alone while she ran errands. 26-year-old Shameia Speaks, who pleaded guilty to endangering the welfare of children, will be under court supervision for nearly five years. When police went to her North Fourth Street apartment in May of 2008 they saw the children, ages one, three and five, standing in front of a window and asking, “Where’s mommy?” Court documents say the apartment was filthy and foul-smelling and one child was seen eating spoiled food out of the trash.