- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Guitar Thief Gets Jail Time
A former employee of a Bucks County guitar distributor is going to jail for stealing high-end instruments and selling them on eBay. 32-year-old Alfred Crawford will serve 10 to 23 months in county prison followed by five years probation. He must also pay full restitution. The thefts from Hoshino USA in Bensalem started in 2004 and ended with his arrest in June of this year. The total value of the stolen instruments was about $164,000. He had been the company’s quality control supervisor. Court documents say he took guitars and other instruments from the stock room and put them on eBay, in some cases from his work computer. As part of his sentence he must write a complete report on how he stole the instruments to help the company prevent future thefts by employees.