- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Fire In The Fat
A Hatfield Township man is accused of getting drunk and setting several 55-gallon drums of animal fat or cooking grease on fire in a loading dock area at KE Rush and Sons. The company makes flavored bones and other pet products that are sold under the brand name of Doggie Deli Treats. 39-year-old Vincent Diantonio is charged with arson, public drunkenness and other offenses. He lives behind the business on Koffel Road. The incident started around 10:30 Monday morning, when he called police to complain about foul odors from the drums. They took pictures and left, but he called again about an hour later, and when they returned police saw the burning barrels. They arrested him when he staggered back to the scene with a can of beer while firefighters were dousing the flames. A criminal complaint says he admitted setting the fires.