- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Man Accused Of Polluting Perkiomen Creek
A Montgomery County man is accused of dumping untreated or partially treated sewage into the Perkiomen Creek over a period of more than five years. Michael Martin of Pennsburg was the operator of the Green Lane-Marlborough Wastewater Treatment Plant. The Pennsylvania Attorney General’s office says laboratory test results from water samples collected on different dates showed that fecal coliform bacteria, suspended solids and residual chlorine were all above allowable levels. Court documents say he also falsified reports he gave to the state Department of Environmental Protection.