- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Search Called Off For Fisherman Missing At Lake
Bucks County authorities have called off the search for a New Britain Township man is missing and presumed drowned in Lake Galena in Peace Valley Park. 62-year-old Ray Shaw of Cheese Factory Road, near the lake, went fishing at about 6:00 Tuesday evening. When he did not return home family members went to the lake and found his vehicle in a 24-hour parking lot off Creek Road. Then they notified authorities. During the night a Philadelphia police helicopter spotted his kayak near the north end of the lake. It was right side up and his fishing gear and flotation device were inside. Searchers from the Telford Volunteer Diving and Rescue Unit and three fire companies searched all day Wednesday, but did not find the body. Family members say Shaw was a very good, very caring man who loved fishing, especially in the area of the lake known as Crappie Cove, named after a panfish that has a large population in Lake Galena.