- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Property Maintenance Code Update in Towamencin
Towamencin officials are considering an update for their property maintenance code. It's based on a model that is used internationally and sets minimum standards for homeowners to follow in the upkeep of structures and yards. The code was initially adopted by the Towamencin supervisors 13-years ago and has not been amended since. The most recent version of the international maintenance code includes requiring that every house have electricity in ordered to be considered habitable. The supervisors Wednesday night authorized advertising it for adoption in either April or May. Supervisor Jim Sinz cast the sole no vote.