- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lansdale Buildings Need Work
Lansdale officials are facing major work at their two buildings on Vine Street.
Architect Scott Malin says Borough Hall is structurally deficient.
“The masonry walls were built with no insulation. The walls are coming apart -- moving, cracking, deteriorating and taking on water, creating structural problems, and at some point major parts of the building could come off. ”
He also says the police station has not had any major work in 50 years, and it’s much too small for today’s needs.
He has given the borough four options for renovating or replacing the two buildings, and the cost estimates run between $6.6 million and $8.5 million.