- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Cancer Claims Life Of Attorney Thomas Mellon
Doylestown attorney Thomas Mellon Junior has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 65.
He concentrated on large class-action lawsuits including one in the 1990’s against big tobacco companies that won millions of dollars in settlements and led to a fund that states use to pay for anti-smoking programs. He led a group of lawyers from several states in that one.
In another high-profile case he won a $6 billion judgment for people who lost family members in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York.
He was also active in politics, serving for a time as Chairman of the Bucks County Democratic Committee and a member of the state committee.