- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Camp Rd Bridge Work Underway
Work started Monday on a bridge replacement project in Salford and Franconia Townships.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is replacing the structurally-deficient Camp Road Bridge over the East Branch of the Perkiomen Creek.
The old bridge was closed nearly ten years ago because of serious deterioration.
It had two ten-foot travel lanes with no shoulders. The new one will have eleven-foot travel lanes with two four-foot shoulders. It will be 142 feet long and made of pre-stressed concrete.
The $1,854,000 project will be paid for entirely with state money. PennDot says the new bridge should open in November of this year.