- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
DRBC: No Final Decision On Exelon Request
The Delaware River Basin Commission says it will not make a final decision this week on Exelon Nuclear’s request to continue using water from an abandoned coal mine for its operations at the Limerick Generating Station.
The multi-state agency says it needs more time to review the many comments it received, and it will probably vote Wednesday, December 5, on a resolution granting Exelon a one-year extension.
Water from the Wadesville Mine Pool near Pottsville, in Schuylkill County, supplements water from the Schuylkill River. Exelon received permission a few years ago to use the mine water experimentally.