- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
L Bucks Hospital Closing Maternity Department
Lower Bucks Hospital in Bristol Township will stop delivering babies, probably by the end of this year.
The hospital says it’s been losing money on maternity services for years, and it has just lost its busiest OB-GYN practice, the Center for Women’s Health in Langhorne, which has now signed on with Capital Health’s new Hospital in Hopewell Township, New Jersey.
Other Bucks County hospitals including Doylestown, Saint Mary near Langhorne and Grand View near Sellersville say they can accommodate the maternity patients who will no longer have Lower Bucks available.