Listen to these shows on demand right now
Generator Fumes Kill Elderly Woman
Montgomery County has had one storm-related death.
A preliminary investigation indicates that 90-year-old Florence Pugliese died early Tuesday morning of carbon monoxide poisoning from a gasoline-powered generator in a garage attached to her home.
Two other family members were evacuated safely from the home in the Swedeland section of Upper Merion Township, where the power failed around midnight.
The victim had been sleeping in a first-floor bedroom while the others slept on the third floor, farther away from the garage.