- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Grace Lutheran Demolition And Reconstruction Coming Soon
The walls of the burned-out shell at Grace Lutheran Church in Hatfield could come down soon.
Church member, Mayor and former Fire Chief Bob Kaler says a recent insurance settlement should spark progress.
A New Year’s Eve fire destroyed the original sanctuary, which was used in recent years as the educational building. For Kaler it was an emotional experience.
“On a personal level that was by far the most devastating thing I’ve had to go through. Unfortunately, with the multi levels of floors, it was just impossible and I knew that. As a fire chief I knew that it was going to go. It was heartbreaking.
Kaler says rebuilding plans are being finalized, and work should start by the end of the year.