- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Coroner: OD Killed Reid’s Son
The Northampton County Coroner has ruled that the eldest son of Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach Andy Reid died of an accidental heroin overdose.
29-year-old Garrett Reid was found dead in early August in a Lehigh University dormitory room during the Eagles training camp.
He had been struggling with drug abuse for years, and the problem became public in January of 2007, when he crashed his car into another vehicle at Germantown Pike and Arch Road in Plymouth Township while high on heroin.
After that he spent time in Montgomery County Prison and Graterford State Prison for drug-related offenses and was in and out of several treatment programs.