- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
New Hospital Opens in Montgomery County
A new era in healthcare started in Montgomery County on Saturday. Einstein Medical Center Montgomery on Germantown Pike in East Norriton officially opened for business while Montgomery Hospital in Norristown shutdown after decades of serving the community. The 900 or so employees at the old hospital are transferring to the new facility. It's a full service acute care hospital with 146 beds and a two-story medical office building. The new regional medical center sits on 80 acres and used to be the site of the old Woods Golf Course.