- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Burn Ban Lifted in Towamencin
Towamencin officials have lifted the outside burning ban that has been in effect since the end of June. Township residents can now set camp fires as long as a hose is handy and the fire is not near a building. The burning of trash and leaves is still prohibited by ordinance though. Township Supervisor Chairman Dan Littley made the announcement about lifting the ban Wednesday night. He reminds smokers not to throw their cigarette butts out of car windows. He says that is not only a fire hazard but also littering and punishable by a $300 fine in Pennsylvania.