- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Rittenhouse Road Approved As Bustard Road Bridge Detour
The Towamencin Supervisors have approved a request from the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to use Rittenhouse Road as a detour while the Bustard Road Bridge over the Northeast extension is replaced starting in 2014.
The project will close Bustard Road near the firehouse for about two years. Township Supervisor Chairman Dan Littley describes the detour:
“People, who would be coming up Bustard and going across the bridge onto Forty Foot or Sumney Town, are going to have to take Rittenhouse Road as a detour, down to Old Forty Foot, over to Sumney Town.”
Littley also says motorists will manage with the detour after they get over the learning curve that comes with it.