- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
North Penn YMCA Area Getting New Speed Limits
Lansdale officials are doing something about the traffic concerns generated by the proposed redevelopment of the old Lans Bowl property on East Main Street adjacent the North Penn YMCA.
They have drafted an ordinance that would set the speed limit on nearby Highland and Forrest avenues at 25 mph. It could come up for a vote on August 15. Borough Council Member Mike Sobel says the neighbors raised other issues too:
"They're concerned about truck traffic, you know, tractor trailers. We're going to look at that, and we're going to have to do some more traffic impact studies as this moves forward."
What's proposed for the Lans Bowl site is the relocation of three community service organizations there that would share resources with the North Penn YMCA.