- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Limerick Reactor Shut Down
One of two reactors at Exelon Nuclear’s Limerick Generating Station was taken offline Wednesday morning.
The company says an electrical disturbance on the non-nuclear side of the plant caused a loss of power to cooling equipment, and Unit One will stay offline until repairs, inspection and testing are completed.
The shutdown has been declared an Unusual Event, which is the lowest of four Nuclear Regulatory Commission emergency classifications. Exelon says there is no threat to the public, and Limerick Unit Two is still operating at full power.