- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Abington, Holy Redeemer, Plan New Company
Abington Health and Holy Redeemer Health System, both based in Abington Township, plan to create a new regional health system. The trustees of both institutions have approved Letters of Intent.
Abington Health Chairman of the Board Robert Infarinato says the new organization will better serve the community through quality and efficiency improvements and enhanced coordination of care, which relies upon closer alignment between health systems, physicians and other providers.
Holy Redeemer Health System Chair William Sasso says the two health systems are forming a new parent company that will provide oversight and direction while allowing nonsectarian Abington and Catholic Holy Redeemer to preserve their heritage and identity. Regulatory and other approvals are still required, and the process should be complete by early spring.