- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Giant Converting 15 Genuardi’s Markets
Giant Food Stores will start converting 15 former Genuardi’s Markets to the giant brand name this month. The stores at Sumneytown Pike and Church Road in Upper Gwynedd and the one on York Road in Jamison will close Thursday, June 28, at 6:00pm, and re-open as Giant stores at 8:00am July 8.
The stores in the Roslyn section of Abington Township and at Sumneytown and Bethlehem Pikes in Spring House will close July 5 and re-open July 15. The company will convert five stores per week, and the New Britain Township, Flourtown and Maple Glen stores will be in the last group, closing July 12 and re-opening July 22. Giant paid about $100 million for the 15 stores.