- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Archdiocese Defrocks Priests
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has deemed five priests unsuitable for the ministry because of substantiated claims of sexual abuse or other gross violations of clerical conduct. They include 58-year-old George Cadwallader most recently of Saint Vincent DePaul parish in Richboro, Graterford State Prison Chaplain Robert Povish and 65-year-old John Reardon of Saint John of the Cross parish in Abington. Three priests were cleared of charges against them including Monsignor Michael Flood of Saint Luke the Evangelist parish in Glenside. Decisions on the fate of the 17 remaining priests suspended last year in the wake of a grand jury report will be announced soon according to officials with the Archdiocese.