- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Janet Manion Dies At Age 58
A Bucks County woman who lost her son while he fought for his country has lost her own life to cancer. Janet Manion of Doylestown Township died Tuesday night at the age of 58. She was honored earlier this year for serving fallen heroes, veterans and the military community through her Travis Manion Foundation.
Her son, Marine Corps First Lieutenant Travis Manion, was 26 years old and on his second tour in Iraq when an Iraqi army unit he was leading and training came under sniper fire. He died in the attack in the spring of 2007. In lieu of flowers the family has asked that donations be made to the Travis Manion Foundation.