- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Holds Child Abuse Prevention Rally
Montgomery County marked Child Abuse Prevention Month Monday with a rally at the courthouse in Norristown. One of several officials addressing the crowd, District Attorney Risa Ferman, said cases are reported and publicized more than they were in the past, and that’s good.
“It tells people in our communities that we are paying attention, we are aware, we will act quickly, and police and prosecutors are working together to identify perpetrators and bring them to justice. It tells members of the public that we treat our children properly, that we will be vigilant, that we will be on top of it, and that people will be held accountable.”
Ferman said reporting child abuse is very important, and people who see it must report it to police and prosecutors as soon as possible.