- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Traffic Restrictions Lifted in Towamencin
Towamencin officials are lifting at least temporarily traffic restrictions that were put in place more than seven years ago as construction got underway to straighten out the dog leg intersection at Allentown, Troxell and Orvilla Roads. Starting after the middle of next month, drivers that turn onto Allentown Road from Valley Forge Road and continue to Weikel Road will be able to make a right hand turn there between 4 PM and 6 PM. Likewise, motorists approaching Weikel Road on Orvilla Road from the direction of Hatfield will be able to make the left between 6-30 and 9 AM. Towamencin officials say that with the construction project done, there appears to be little reason to continue the traffic restrictions and the police will conduct a study to see if it makes sense to lift them beyond the 30-days set by the township supervisors at their meeting on Wednesday night.