- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lans Bowl Site Redevelopment
Lansdale officials are putting their support behind a proposal to locate four community service organizations on the old Lans Bowl property adjacent the North Penn YMCA on East Main Street. The three non-profit groups that would share the campus with the North Penn Y are Manna on Main Street, the PEAK Center and Advanced Living Communities, the operator of the Schwenckfeld Terrace Affordable Housing Center in Towamencin as well as the Derstine Run Retirement community in Hatfield. A meeting is scheduled at the North Penn Y on April 13th that will bring state and county officials together with the stakeholders to discuss project financing and other details. The North Penn Community Health Foundation is facilitating the partnership between the four non-profits. The North Penn Y currently owns the proposed building site where the old bowling alley burned down five years ago.