- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bucks Co Woman Honored
The Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation has chosen a Bucks County woman as one of ten finalists for Citizen Service Before Self honors, recognizing ordinary Americans who become extraordinary through their courage and selflessness. Janet Manion of Doylestown Township is being recognized for serving fallen heroes, veterans and the military community through her Travis Manion Foundation.
Her son Travis was 26 years old and on his second tour in Iraq when an Iraqi Army unit he was leading and training came under sniper fire. He died in the attack in the spring of 2007.
Travis Manion was a 2004 Naval Academy graduate who was an outstanding student and three-sport athlete at LaSalle College High School in Wyndmoor.