- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Water Storage Tank Project Moves Ahead in Hatfield
The Zoning Hearing Board in Hatfield Township has granted the North Penn Water Authority a height variance that allows it to put up a water storage tank near Unionville Pike and Richmond Road not far from the municipal garage. The tank would have a capacity of three million gallons and stand more than 150 feet tall. That's almost four times higher than what the zoning ordinance permits without a variance. The Zoning Hearing Board decision only addresses the height issue. The project still needs the review of the Hatfield Planning Commission as well as the approval of the township commissioners.