- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
NPUW And FamilyWize Offer Discount Prescription Cards
The North Penn United Way has partnered with a nonprofit organization called FamilyWize on a discount drug card. United Way Vista Volunteer Steve McGlynn says it helps people save on prescriptions, and everyone is eligible.
“There’s no age restriction and no income restriction. As long as you have a valid prescription you can have it filled at a discounted price. Unless people have really good prescription insurance coverage, he says they can most likely save money through this program.”
McGlynn says people save money on their drugs about 80 percent of the time through the program. He says the United Way is leveraging its power as a buying agent and getting pharmacies to cut their prices to what they would offer a large company. For more information or to get a discount card, call the North Penn United Way at 215-855-3002 and ask for Steve McGlynn.