- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
202 Parkway Opening Less Than A Year Away
PennDot’s Gene Blaum says the new Route 202 Parkway, between the Lansdale and Doylestown areas, will be finished in less than a year if the work stays on schedule. He says the southern section, between Routes 63 and 463 in Montgomery Township, is done except for landscaping and a few other finishing touches that can wait until spring, and work on the northern and central sections is 60 to 70 percent complete. Blaum says they are looking for an early fall opening next year, nearly a year later than the original target date, partly because of land acquisition and utility relocation issues, and partly because of bad weather over much of the last three years.