- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Budget Discussions in Towamencin
The number crunching continues for Towamencin officials. They held a 2012 budget workshop meeting Tuesday night and made some progress toward a spending plan that can be advertised for adoption and put out for public inspection. The township supervisors are still looking for almost $115,000 in cuts so they can end next year with a 5% operating surplus. A property tax increase has been all but ruled out so township officials will go through the budget again looking for additional spending cuts. The deadline for adopting the 2012 budget is December 31st. Township officials will have to advertise it for adoption no later than December 7th if they plan on taking final action three weekes later.