- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
W Broad-Cowpath-Godshall Intersection Plans Going Public
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation holds an open house Monday on plans to re-align the offset intersection of Cowpath and Godshall Roads and West Broad Street in Franconia Township. PennDot’s Gene Blaum says it involves shifting the roadways a little bit.
“West Broad Street will be shifted to the west, and Godshall Road coming east will line up with West Broad Street and Cowpath will be shifted very slightly, and basically we’re going to have a four-way intersection controlled by a traffic signal.”
Blaum says the two sections of Cowpath Road will line up, and West Broad Street will line up with Godshall Road, but they will not meet at right angles. The intersection will be shaped more like the letter “X.” The plans also call for extending an existing sidewalk down West Broad Street to the intersection and down Godshall Road, where it will connect with a walking trail in a park. The open house runs from 6:00 until 8:00pm Monday, October 24, at West Broad Street Elementary School.