- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Friendly’s Files For Bankruptcy
The Friendly’s restaurant chain has filed for Chapter Eleven bankruptcy protection. The company blames the economy, high rents and higher costs for supplies. The 76-year-old Friendly Ice Cream Corporation, known for its breakfasts and hamburgers as well as its ice cream, says it has already closed 63 locations, and the 424 still open will stay open during reorganization. They include restaurants on North Broad Street in Hatfield Township, Airport Square in Montgomery Township, Pennsylvania Avenue in Fort Washington, Easton Road in Horsham, Germantown Pike in East Norriton and North Main Street in Doylestown.