- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lansdale Buzzing About Community Center Proposal
The dust hasn't settled yet from the meeting Lansdale Borough Council held Tuesday night to discuss the future of the former Performing Arts Center on West Main Street. It was at that meeting that a consultant proposed converting the building into a community center. Council meet again wednesday night for its monthly work session and after the close of business Council President Matt West said the excitement still hasn't let up. The consultant estimated the cost of the community center conversion to be almost $4,000,000. Borough council will vote August 17th on the formation of a task force that would study the proposal.