- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bucks Co Soldier Killed In War
A soldier from Bucks County was one of two killed Sunday in Afghanistan. 33-year-old Sergeant First Class Kenneth Elwell of Northampton Township died when enemy forces attacked his unit with an Improvised Explosive Device in Kandahar Province. He joined the Army in 1997, and he had previous deployments in Iraq and Bosnia. He was assigned to a Stryker Brigade Combat Team with the 25th Infantry Division of Fort Wainwright, Alaska. Sergeant Elwell was a varsity soccer player at Council Rock High School. He is survived by his wife Kristen and two young children, four-year-old Nicholas and six-year-old Elise.